This 1-day intensive program covers the fundamentals of eSports and eSports wagering.
Taught by faculty from the Boyd School of Law and the International Gaming Institute, the program will provide tactical insights for gaming operators, policy makers and regulators on how best to position themselves in a quickly changing regulatory environment.
Thursday, March 23rd, 2017
8:00AM - 5:00PM
What is eSports?
- Participants, demographics & popularity
- eSports Community & Competition
eSports as Gambling
- Analysis of eSports gambling laws
- Discussion of various forms of wagering
- Daily fantasy eSports
- In-game wagering
eSports and Gambling: Technology
- Ensuring game programming is fair
- Technical standards and rules for game play
- Virtual currencies (e.g. bitcoin)
eSports Wagering Risks
- Age concerns
Future of eSports
- Advisory association
- Intersection with traditional gaming
Enrollment Fees: $350 includes all program materials, light continental breakfast and lunch.
The UNLV International Gaming Institute, Room 220
Enrollment is non-restricted and open to anyone with an interest in eSports - operators, manufacturers, regulators, policy makers, or technologists.
For additional information: Contact Nakia Jackson-Hale, Director of Special Programs. (702) 895-2489